Multiple people have expressed a desire to learn of the Primary Candidate to Write-In process. I answer that call with a detailed instruction set.
These instructions are strictly for those who ran in the primary race and want to continue on as a write-In Candidate
You’ve already filed all of your paperwork once since you ran in the primary. You only need to do a few things now as a write-in.
Complete both of these forms (even if you’ve done it before):
- Certificate of Candidacy – Write In Candidate General Election:
- Candidate Information Sheet
File both forms at the Baltimore County Board of Elections
Baltimore County Board of Elections
11112 Gilroy Rd, Hunt Valley, MD 21031
> Must be filed by 5:00pm on the 7th day preceding the start of early voting of the general election.
Better sooner than later – you never know what hiccup might mess things up.
That’s it! Call the local board of elections for any more questions: (410) 887-5700
More Helpful Tips
• You’ll need to follow these instructions for obtaining your votes!
There are also other important rules in the link above.
• More Write-In Tips for Voters
• All Candidacy Forms:
• Maryland Election Law section §5–706 forbids anyone who did not obtain the nomination of their party during the primary to run as a petition candidate, only a write in.
• You do not have to pay the filing fee a second time!
This list has been compiled, because the information is scattered about on the Baltimore County website.
If it has been helpful to you, please consider donating to my 2018 campaign!
I am not an employee of Baltimore County and the advice here is expressed solely for your convenience with no guarantees. The above instructions and about a half hour at the Election Board were all I needed for Write-In candidacy completion. For complete assurance on the latest Baltimore County election policy, call (410) 887-5700.